Saturday, August 11, 2012

Canobie Lake Park Part 1

So we made it to Canobie Lake about 10:45am after I, of course, missed my exit because I was looking at the directions for 93 going South. I have been to Canobie more times than I can remember so don't ask me why I just drove by the exit! Anyway we got there, no line, paid to get in, no line, the rides barely had any lines...was actually a good start. The weather held out...didn't start raining until 230 so we are back at the hotel for about another hour or so and then we will go back to the park. We had our hands stamped and its only 15 minutes away (if you get off at the right exit anyway). Kameron is chilling out with cartoons so I thought I would catch up with the blog.


After arriving at the park the first ride Kameron wants to go on is the Tilt A Whirl. They call it something else here...but, wow, I do not do spinny rides good anymore. So I said, well, doing it first should get it out of the way... Of course, he just loves it when it spins around 5 times fast without stopping...he's saying 'This is awesome!" and I'm saying, "is it over yet??"


On our way to the hot air balloon ride, Around the World in 80 Days, Kameron saw the little cars...so I had time to recover while he drove, tongue sticking out most of the way, around a little wood track. I was kind of glad to wait a bit as I needed time to recover from the first ride we went on and this balloon ride was one where we controlled the spin. Well, guess what...we spun and spun and spun...until I begged him to stop and he looked at me like, really?...and then spun some more. I survived but had trouble walking for a few minutes.


Add caption





















Then we took a nice relaxing sky ride over the park...no up and down, no spinning, nice breeze....looking down on the park then he said, what's that? I looked where he was pointing and, OMG, another circle ride, the  ominous Caterpillar! Sit in a seat on a circular track that goes up and down really fast...but on top of that, a covering goes over, a green covering (hence the name) so you can't evern see where you are... Anyone who can't read in a car while driving will understand that a circular ride, going up and down, very fast that does not allow the rider to orient themselves is the predecessor to nausea. Try riding this ride when it is also hot and humid (which thankfully it wasn't) and you'll pray for a power failure!


We bought some water and cotton candy then walked a bit until I saw the little guy bumper cars. I think we had a good rhythm going here, one ride for both of us, one ride for Kam. Give the old lady some time to get the brain matter back in place. So he's excited runs onto the floor and gets in his car...and the young man running the ride stands there and says put on your seat belt. Well those things are shoulder harness straps that the kid has to stick their head in and pull an arm through. He doesn't help them just stands there... So Kam is on the other side struggling to get in the harness and finally he does...the woman next to me was as frustrated as I ...then he doesn't help them get out. I may need to drop a note in the suggestion box on the way out tonight. But, needless, Kam was lauging his head off bumping into all the kids...some like to skirt the edge and pick up speed, not him, Demolition Derby here he comes!


So although we had a map and Kam and I were reviewing it off and on, we've already walked both lenghts of the park about 22 times...back to the other end to ride the Flume. This is one of our favorites...you get wet, but not too wet. We bought the photo they took and I look like a dweeb but he looks cute.


Then we went on the giant ferris wheel, he loved it. The kid is fearless! He looks out over the edge, height didn't bother him...then I look at him, look down and realize we left our hats on the Flume ride!! Yikes. After the ride ended (and you know how that takes forever to unload people) we ran back to the Flume. By this time there is a line. We are cutting through people and under barriers, "we are just going to lost and found. we aren't cutting our hats are over there, blah blah" So our hats were there in the lost and found...whew.


On the way back he told me he was so awesome at whac a mole game. just had to play was sure he would win. So we played, and he won. It was only him and I and he got 30 points and I got well, I must have got less because he won the mini smurf. He was so proud, told me how he keeps telling his mom how good he is at that game and now he has a prize!!

Then he went on the Dragon Coaster all by himself. Hands in the air, smile on his face, very excited to be doing it on his own. I was so happy for him also because I got to stand on solid ground and take pictures!! He did the little swings but didn't look too excited about that one.


One ride he was not too happy with was the spooky coal mine. He wasn't too sure about that one...but went on and we survived, He did say he probably had enough of that ride though and doubts he will want to do it again...forever. Amazing the things that spook you when you are little. I hated that ride as a kid but now don't know what the fuss is about.


After a kind of boring boat ride and a more exciting pirate ship ride, he played the fishing game where he won a mini shrek. The kid is on a roll!!! I'll need another suitcase!



BTW, they are making a new attraction called Terror In The Corn. It's a corn maze, very spooky looking...opening in October...must be for Halloween. I wonder what that is all about.




So going back in a bit, but in the meanwhile, Kameron and I are having a blast!! He seems a bit tired now but won't give in and take a short nap. I'll see if he wants to stay for fireworks, if not, we'll come back early and jump in the pool for a while.









Not sure why the blog keeps moving my photos around...but this will do. Plus, for some reason, it is rotating back to original rotation...strange. Well, we're off, hopefully the rain ceases...

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a fun day. I bet Gramma can't wait for sleepy time tonight. Kameron is just adorable in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kam you look like you are having a BLAST and getting some good prizes too!! Take it easy on Grandma Sue :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun time! Kameron is going to remember this great adventure with Grandma Sue forever! Grandma Sue probably won't forget it anytime soon either - if her head lets her! Kameron is just the cutest little boy! What a fun, fun weekend you two are having!

    ReplyDelete